Largo Family Lawyer
What is Family Law?
Our Largo family lawyers are capable of handling all types of disputes, needs, and concerns regarding family law. Family law includes everything from divorce and alimony to adoption and enforcement of child support. It covers a broad range of law topics, and your attorney must have a firm grasp and plenty of experience in your specific area of needs. We have successfully helped our clients in all of the following areas of law:
- Adoption: If you are planning to adopt a child, an attorney can help you avoid complications and ensure that everything is in order to maximize your chances of having a new child come into your home. Similarly, if you are a mother wrestling with the challenges of giving your child up to adoption, or a surrogate mother helping a family with their own parenting hopes and dreams, an attorney can provide valuable legal assistance;
- Child Relocation: Moving to find new employment or housing is sometimes a necessity for single parents, but they may not be able to do this as easily as they would assume. For moves over 50 miles, the court must grant permission.
- Divorce: An attorney is a necessity in almost all types of divorce when you want to be sure that your best interests are adhered to. We provide legal counsel for litigated divorce, mediation, and amicable divorces. The following aspects may likely be part of your divorce:
- Child support;
- Marital asset distribution;
- Child custody; and
- Spousal support.
- Domestic Violence: Domestic violence causes PTSD, depression, anxiety, and of course serious physical trauma. Its effect on women causes an impaired ability to nurture their children, while for children who witness domestic violence, it causes developmental and emotional problems, according to Health Place. An attorney can help you file for an injunction;
- Modification and Enforcement: Court Orders must be adhered to, or else there will be ramifications. For example, for parents who fail to pay child support, the Florida Department of Revenuecan initiate income withholding, take a driver’s license away, collect past due payments from bank accounts, and more. When an order needs to be modified because circumstances have changed, an attorney is here to help;
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements: A prenuptial or postnuptial agreement can bring stability to a marriage, as well as protect other parties such as children or other business owners;
- Paternity: Establishing paternity will enable a mother to receive child support, or a father to demand visitation or custody rights.
An Experienced Largo Family Lawyer is Here to Help
Having an experienced, compassionate, and highly motivated attorney is an invaluable tool when you are taking any legal action within family law. Whether you are filing for divorce, fighting back against domestic violence, enforcing a child support order, or simply taking a precaution to protect your finances with a prenuptial agreement, you need an attorney with the knowledge and resourcefulness to get the job done properly. With the attorneys of Cairns Law, P.A., you are getting the best legal services for your family law needs in Largo and the surrounding area. Call our Largo offices today at 727-683-1472.